100 reps ground to overhead 95lbs/65lbs
– any method may be used: snatch, clean and jerk etc., as long as full extension of all joints is reached at the top of each rep
– You may use multiple methods of getting the bar overhead within the workout: example-25 power snatches, 50 power clean and push press, 25 clean and split jerk
– the workout starts with a 100 meter run
– after every 4 minute time period elapses an aditional 100 meters is tacked onto the next run
– So it goes like this: 100 meter run, come back and start getting the bar over head, lets say you complete 36 reps in the first 4 minutes, so at the 4 minute mark you will run 200 m, come back and get on the bar, say you finish 79 reps total by the 8 minute mark, now you run 300 m. Continue adding 100 meters to each run until all 100 reps are completed.
Today’s workout is a WOD made for me by my good friend Jim Denofa a while back. It is a real experiment in pacing. If you go out too slow, you will get beat up by the longer runs later and too fast, you won’t survive it either. Basically you’re looking for the “just right” pace that allows you to continue moving the whole time.