GYM Stream Hero WOD: Noah Calderon With a Partner: Row 1097 Meters, then: 20 rounds of: 3 Deadlifts (225,155) 8 Kettlebell Swings (53,35LB) 12 Box Jumps (24,20") 20 burpees Deputy Noah Calderon, 20, and his fiance were killed on Aug. 12, 2020 in a tragic vehicle...
Strict Weighted Pull-up: Build to a 1RM in 10 sets. Rest 2:00
*Between sets complete 5 Single Arm DB Bench Press each side – find a challenging weight and use it
for all sets.
– Goal: #2.5-5 PR on the Strict Pull-up, 50ish total reps per arm with great core stability on the Presses.
10 Kipping Pull Ups
200 Meter Run
– Goal: Steady pace (3ish minute rounds) with no more than a :30 drop-off between rounds. Pacing the
Burpees is key here.
Side Plank + RKC Plank: Tabata 8 x 20s on/10s off.
– Alternate positions
Complete as many rounds as possible in 30 mins of:
5 Single Arm Dumbbell Deadlifts
5 Single Arm Dumbbell Rows
5 Single Arm Dumbbell Power Cleans
5 Single Arm Dumbbell Front Squats
5 Single Arm Dumbbell Snatches
5 Single Arm Dumbbell Push Press
Run, 200 m
One complete round on one side, then next round other side.
Power Clean = No Squat.
Substitution for Run:
:60 of 10 Mountain climbers + 10 High Knees AMReps in :60
Strength (20:00 – 40:00)
Box Squat: 5 x 4 @70% of Back Squat, every 60-90s.
– use a parallel box
– use a wider than normal stance
– Take 3-4 sets to build to work weight
– These are SPEED/Technique sets – weight should be heavy enough to feel but light enough to move
– Goal: 5 working sets with perfect mechanics and explosive drive off of the box
D) Conditioning (40:00 – 50:00)
”Open Style V2”
3 Power Snatch (95, 65)
3 Overhead Squats (95, 65)
30 Double Unders
6 Power Snatch
6 Overhead Squats
30 Double Unders
9 Power Snatch
30 Double Unders
And so on..
– Goal: Very tough pace with fast transitions and smooth, efficient movement to get into or past the
Gym Stream **No Virtual Classes on Wednesday.
AMRAP 25 with a partner:
60 Russain KBS (32/24K)
400 m Run
120 ft. Farmer Carry (32/24K)
30/25 Calorie Row
– Goal: Maintain output on both Bike and Row with a tough but sustainable pace for the entire AMRAP.
1a) Handstand Hold: 4 x 20 seconds. No rest.
– Rx+ 20 Ft Handstand Walk
1b) Hollow Hold: 4 x 20s. Rest 60s.
– Rx +L-Sit Hold
Gym Stream **No Virtual Classes today
Split Jerks: 8 x 2 @75%, every 90s.
– Take 4 sets to build to work weight.
– Goal: 8 working sets with great footwork, lockout and leg drive.
4 Rounds of 40s on/20s off:
1a) Walking Overhead Plate Lunges (45, 25)
1b) Hand Release Push-ups
1c) SDHP (75, 55)
1d) Hang Power Snatch (75, 55)
*Score = total reps
– Goal: 10-15 reps on each movement
Extra Credit (After class)
Supported 1-Arm Rows: 4 x 8-10 each. Rest 60s.
1) Back Squat: 5-4-3-2-1+. Rest 2:00
– Goal: #5 PR over 8-10 sets with 3-4 reps over 90%. Plan your jumps strategically.
2) Metcon Warm-up:
3 Rounds of:
3 Bar Facing Burpees
*progress to Thruster weight over the 3 rounds
Thrusters (95, 65)
Bar Facing Burpees
*Last tested on 12/2
– Goal: Tough but steady pace with enough left in the tank to speed up on the last set of Burpees.
8:00 Time Cap
Barbell Glute Bridges: 4 x 10. Rest 60s.
Cooldown (After class)
– Half-Kneeling Biphasic Hip Flexor Stretch x 60s each side
Annie At Home
50-40-30-20-10 reps, for time of:
Double Under Sub with 2X Jumping Jacks or 3X Single Unders
5 rounds for quality of:
10 Front Raises
10 Side Lateral Raises
10 Prone Rear Lateral Raises
Rest 2 mins
Sumo Deadlift: Build to 1RM in 10 sets. Rest 2:00
– Goal: have a plan in terms of how to progress. Don’t sacrifice
form for weight
”BP Benchmark #4”
10 Russian KBS(70, 53)
10 Goblet Squats (70, 53)
– Goal: Don’t underestimate this one – find a pace that allows you to work for 10 minutes with minimal
rest breaks. KB weight choice should be heavy.
L3: (53, 35)
L2: (45, 30)
L1: (35, 25) (Up Downs)
Glute March x 5:00 max reps
Active Straight Leg Raises x 60s each
5 sets with :30 rest after each movement
1a) DB Curl and Press x 10 reps each side
1 b) DB row x 10 each side
Then 10 minute AMRAP:
10 DB hang squat clean (5/5)
Your Next Lift 3 sets of 3 reps with 2:00 rest in between. Shooting for about 80-85%.
5 Rounds with Rest 2 minutes after each Round:
(Challenging weight, lunges will be most challenging, so base on that)
5 Hang Power Clean
10 Front rack Reverse Lunge
:30 second racked hold
Your Next Lift. 3 sets of 5 at working weight. Continue to add weight from previous cycle!
16 Min. AMRAP:
4 Squat Clean + Front Squat Complexes
8 Pendlay Rows
Your Next Lift 3 x 5; 2 min rest in between sets.
* Take 3-4 warm ups sets working up to working weights.
12 Min. AMRAP:
3 handstand Push Ups
6 KB Cleans each side (24/16)
9 goblet lunges
12 Double Unders
Power Snatch + Hang Snatch + OverHead Squat
10 sets x 1 rep
20, 15, 10, 5:
40- 30- 20- 10:
2x air squats
Strength: Your Next Lift 3 sets of 5 reps
3-4 warm up sets, working your way up to your working weight.
Metcon: Hero WOD “Donny”
21-15-9-9-15-21 reps, for time of:
Deadlift, 225/155 lbs
U.S. Army Specialist Donald L. Nichols, 21, of Shell Rock, Iowa, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 133rd Infantry Regiment, Iowa Army National Guard, based in Waterloo, Iowa, died April 13, 2011, in Laghman province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when insurgents attacked his unit using an improvised explosive device. He is survived by his mother and stepfather, Roger and Becky Poock; his father and stepmother, Jeff and Jeanie Nichols; and his brothers, Nick and Joe.
5 sets of 8 each side of:
1a) Tall Kneeling Tornado Press
1b) Single Arm Front Rack Squat Tempo (2,2,2)
3 strict Burpees (full squat, kick back to plank, push up, kick back to full squat, big Jump)
6 Deadlift Jumps
9 Sit ups